Marketing Development Sites & Farm Steadings
Ogilvy Chalmers has extensive experience of valuations and sales of farm steadings, land and development sites. We can also negotiate option agreements.
We act for many farmers and estate owners in East Lothian, Midlothian and the Borders; we’ve carried out development appraisals, and marketed their land and redundant properties.
Negotiating with your local planning department and marketing development sites can be complicated. We can help you navigate any issues, negotiating:
- Section 75 agreements ('abnormal costs');
- Site servicing; and
- Planning issues.
Ogilvy Chalmers has a database of developers actively looking for development opportunities in East Lothian, Midlothian and the Borders. We are also retained to acquire development opportunities on behalf of developers.
Ogilvy Chalmers is one of the only East Lothian-based firms of chartered surveyors with an Architects department. This means that we can provide a full range of Architects’ services, including advice on obtaining planning consents, design options and the construction process. We also have an excellent range of local planning and construction contacts.
Our advice on marketing development opportunities includes:
- Advising on how best to add value to the development opportunity, bearing in mind current planning policy and guidance; and whether it is best to sell the site with planning permission, subject to obtaining planning consents, or based on an option.
- Selecting marketing teams for large commercial developments.
- Providing our comprehensive Ogilvy Chalmers Marketing Plan with a full sales and marketing strategy.
- Supplying regular Client Updates with feedback on viewings and the progress of the marketing campaign.
- Setting a closing date or negotiating a sale at an attractive price. We will negotiate heads of terms with the selected developer and liaise with solicitors.
Please call us now on 01620 824000 or email us
for advice on your development site or development requirements.