Festive Opening Hours
Please note that this office will be intermittently closed from 24th December 2019 – 6th of January 2020, and will be operating with fewer staff than usual.
23rd December – Open 9am-5pm
24th December – Closed
25th December – Closed
26th December – Closed
27th December – Closed
Weekend – Closed
30th December – Open 9am-5pm
31st December – Open 9am-5pm
1st January – Closed
2nd January – Closed
3rd January – Closed
Weekend – closed
6th January – Normal opening hours resume
Should you incur an emergency within your home whilst the office is closed, please follow the advice below. In an emergency you are responsible for calling the relevant agency or contractor if Ogilvy Chalmers are not available.
A repair will be considered an emergency if:
- A serious threat to health and safety is present, such as a gas leak, dangerous electrical fault or a total loss of essential services
- There is major damage to the structure of the building
- A serious security problem occurs, such as a door that cannot be locked or there are emergency glazing requirements
If there is no immediate danger, we expect you to wait until the next working day for someone to be instructed to come to your home.
Where there is a total loss of essential services such as water, electricity or gas, please ensure that you have checked with the relevant agencies to see if this is a wider issue before reporting the problem. The main contacts for these services are as follows:
- Scottish Water – 0800 0778 778 – Report a fault form
- National Gas Emergency Line – 0800 111 999 – call if you smell gas or have a carbon monoxide alarm sounding
- OFTEC (for oil heating systems) – 0845 658 5080
- Electrical – National Power Cut Helpline – 105
- Electrical – SP Energy Networks – 0800 092 9290
An emergency needs immediate attention where lives or health is at risk, or there is serious risk to the property. Should this situation arise please try to contact Ogilvy Chalmers at the soonest possible opportunity provided the office is open, where we will arrange repairs for you as normal. In the instance that the office is not open, please take any/all reasonable steps to ensure you are safe, and the property is secure. If you require an engineer to attend, please arrange a call out. Please retain all paperwork and receipts associated with an emergency call out, and send the details to Ogilvy Chalmers when you are in a position to do so. If the call out was reasonable and necessary, then reimbursement will be arranged.
Please note that many contractors will be unavailable over the festive period. As such, we will do our very best to action repairs as soon as possible, however we appreciate your consideration that repairs over this time may not be carried out as quickly as normal.